Thursday 17 September 2015

Introduction

Hey! My name is Sunny and I'm a 16 year old student in Greenford Sixth Form.

I chose Media because I have been surrounded by Media and the industry through out my childhood from father who was a journalist. I think being so heavily influenced at a young age encouraged me to pursue the field and finally fall in love with cinema.

I think Media is a very crucial and important part of our society, it shapes the very core beliefs and ideologies in our society through the simple usage of a headline or a moving image. Media has been a huge part of our life from education to entertainment for centuries, and it is an art that is forever evolving through different means. It's something that has a definite future and is too stubborn to die out any time soon.

By taking up Media for my A Levels I hope to expand my already vast knowledge of the Media world through different skills or techniques and content. I strongly believe that when it comes to Media I have a unquenchable thirst for knowledge. One of my main goals is to work on my analytical skills and also enhance on my own practical skills.

I have a huge passion and love for the world of cinema. In my daily life I will constantly be watching something, no matter the genre, or type or duration. I love watching massive blockbusters and also independent niche films. I particularly enjoy watching movies with a critical and analytical perceptive; I love breaking apart the structure of a film and how it was made to figure out how to make use of it practically myself. 

In my free time, I work along side Ealing Youth Council for which I am the head of Media and Marketing. At home I have access to two video cameras; the Sony HDR-FX1 and also a Sony HDV Z7. I also have a Canon EOS 1000D for photography.

Apart from Media, I also chose Geography and Computing for my other A Level subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment